One of the oldest and well known oil for soothing digestion, peppermint may also support normal digestive efficiency (the whole ability to poop normal thing.). Jean Valnet MD studied peppermint’s supportive effect on the healthy liver and respiratory systems. Awesome for the Morning After The Night Before.
I personally can attest that ants do not like it! I put it on the metal threshold of my sliding glass door and the ants stopped their marching into my house. I also like to use it to ward off the tempting smells of food which is not good for me. Just a little bit of Peppermint under my nose, and that movie popcorn and bakery morsels have no power over me.
My friend calls it the “Thanksgiving Oil” because she always uses it after eating the annual over-the-top Thanksgiving meal to ward off the feeling of being a stuffed turkey. Put a couple drops in water and make all the kids drink it. No more whining about overwhelmed tummies. It’s also great for putting on anything they tell you to put ice on before you put the ice on it. Feels like ice on steroids. Don’t do this with any open wound, very bad idea. Don’t get it on/in your eyes, that’s the worst! Don’t ask me how I know that.
How to Use
• Add a drop of Peppermint Vitality essential oil to herbal tea to soothe digestion. Tastes good too!
• Apply a drop topically on unbroken skin to stop itching. Seriously helped my daughter stop her endless scratching.
• Inhale peppermint essential oil before and during a workout to feel better and not so wiped.
• Place two drops on the tongue and rub another drop under the nose to improve alertness and concentration. Good for boring lectures, classes, long meetings, etc….
• Rub four drops on chest and stomach to relieve travel blahs..
• Add Peppermint Vitality to food as a flavoring. Just be careful because the oil is seriously concentrated. A little bit makes for a plenty strong candy cane taste.
• Mix one 15 ml bottle of peppermint essential oil into a five gallon can of paint to dispel the fumes. Nice to banish those chemical smells.
• Place a few drops in a cup of hot water and enjoy in place of coffee.