Grounding essential oil blend is an excellent aroma when working with people who are hurting emotionally, including yourself. This essential oil blend causes a sense of confidence to cope with reality in a better way.Â I used it myself in grad school, when I knew there would be emotionally intense topics such as domestic violence and child abuse. The Grounding blend helped me stay in touch with myself, balanced and centered, even though I was witnessing atrocious events and facts which could have easily been emotionally overwhelming. I have also found a comforting effect with children and teenagers being exposed to emotionally mature situations, video material, and traumatic events. Often times,
Grounding blend is most beneficial to the helper as well as the person helped. Emotionally charged situations can become contagious if we donâ€™t stay grounded in who we are and our reality. I highly recommend this blend for those in helping roles, which definitely includes moms.
Â Whatâ€™s In Grounding Blend?
Â Grounding essential oil blend is made up of 7 essential oils, each bringing their own unique characteristics.
Â Spruce essential oils helps to establish balance and grounding by assisting to open and release emotions.
Â White Fir essential oil assists in creating a feeling of empowerment, settling emotions and bringing about a sense of stability.
Â Ylang Ylang essential oil balances male and female energies and restores confidence and balance, inducing a sense of relaxation.
Â Pine essential oil energizes the entire body, giving a sense of empowerment.
Â Cedarwood essential oil has been used by itself for centering and grounding oneself.
Â Angelica essential oil helps us to release negativity by supporting normal, healthy emotions and a sense of wellness.
Juniper essential oil may support normal, healthy feelings of love and peacefulness, as well as reconnecting us to a deeper spiritual awareness.
Â Put 4 â€“ 8 drops on cotton balls and place on or in air vents.
Add 2 â€“ 4 drops to bathwater to help center yourself and create a sense of emotional solidity.
Â What do you do with it?
- Dilute 1 part essential oil to 1 part vegetable oil (olive or almond, not the Crisco stuff :P)
- Put a couple drops behind ears, on wrists, back of neck, temples, and base of spine.
- Inhale it (smell it) directly out of the bottle. This can be a great last minute boost before a stressful situation.
- Diffuse it: Only cold-diffusers, please. Heat messes up essential oils. Young Living has several great diffusers available:
- Aria Ultrasonic Diffuser Item No. 4524 makes a mist with a couple drops of any essential oil and water. Plus, it looks really cool with colored lights & you can hook it up to your tunes. Comes with two 5 ml bottles of oil: peppermint & tangerine.
- Dewdrop Diffuser Item No. 5330 Custom designed with up to four hours of continuous run diffusion, automatic shut-off, and ambient light control, Young Livingâ€™s Dewdrop Diffuser can transform any space into a spa-like atmosphere. This one comes in the starter kit too!
- Home Diffuser Item No. 4468 This diffuser is the most affordable, it uses ultrasonic stuff to make a mist from a few drops of essential oils and distilled water. As an extra bonus, when you buy this diffuser you also get 2 essential oils, Lavender and Citrus Fresh, in 4 ml bottles