For spiritual awareness, prayer, and meditation, Frankincense essential oil stands alone in its power. This makes sense to me, as people from different religions have highly valued and respected it for thousands of years. Not only is it amazing in spiritual uplifting and strengthening, it’s also used by quite a few ninja moms for the appearance of incredibly soft, smooth, skin. Frankincense essential oil is my go-to oil that I use as a layer along with whatever oils are indicated.
Frankincense has been used as a holy anointing oil in the Middle East for thousands of years. During Bible times, it was considered more valuable than gold, and one of the gifts given to Jesus by the Magi. Frankincense was used for its healing properties by many ancient civilizations. Today, it has been studied and used in Europe.
What is Frankincense Essential Oil Good For?
- Diffuse for spiritual awareness during prayer and meditation.
- Put a couple drops on temples and back of neck as desired.
- Blend with massage oil or in the bath.
- Add Frankincense essential oil to a base cream or lotion to create an appearance of soft skin while not creating a greasy feeling.
- Add a few drops of Frankincense to water when washing.
- Put 2 – 3 drops of Frankincense in a cold compress for a delightful aroma.
- Dab a cotton ball with a few drops of Frankincense essential oil on location.
- Â 3 – 4 drops of Frankincense in a carrier oil and rub affected area.
What do you do with it?
Put it on skin location, forehead, temples, back of neck.
Inhale it (smell it) directly out of the bottle.
Diffuse it: Only cold-diffusers, please. Heat messes up essential oils. Young Living has several great diffusers available:
- Aria Ultrasonic Diffuser Item No. 4524 makes a mist with a couple drops of any essential oil and water. Plus, it looks really cool with colored lights & you can hook it up to your tunes. Comes with two 5 ml bottles of oil: peppermint & tangerine.
- Dewdrop Diffuser Item No. 5330 Custom designed with up to four hours of continuous run diffusion, automatic shut-off, and ambient light control, Young Livingâ€™s Dewdrop Diffuser can transform any space into a spa-like atmosphere. This one comes in the starter kit too!
- Home Diffuser Item No. 4468 This diffuser is the most affordable, it uses ultrasonic stuff to make a mist from a few drops of essential oils and distilled water. As an extra bonus, when you buy this diffuser you also get 2 essential oils, Lavender and Citrus Fresh, in 4 ml bottles
Take Frankincense Vitality as a dietary supplement. Only use oils with “Vitality” in the name to ingest. To take internally, buy some vegetable gel capsules from your local Whole Foods or health-conscious food store. If you don’t have one of those, Young Living comes to your rescue! Order Clear Vegetable Capsules, Item No. 3193 and you get 250 capsules.
Where else can you find Frankincense essential oil?
It is part of 3 Wise Men, Abundance, Acceptance, Awaken, Believe, Brain Power, Exodus II, Egyptian Gold, Forgiveness, Gathering, Gratitude, Harmony, Highest Potential, Humility, Immupower, Inspiration, Into The Future, Longevity, Transformation, Trauma Life, and Valor essential oil blends. You can find Frankincense in the Everyday Oils kit, Â The Twelve Oils of Ancient Scripture, and Essence of the Season collections. ART Day Activator cream, Art Cleanser, ART Night Repair cream, Longevity Softgels, and Wolfberry Eye Cream also contain Frankincense essential oil.