There is only one kid left around here that I am allowed to call my “baby.” All of 4 1/2 pounds, her official AKC name is “Slightly A Princess Grace Jubilee,” but she answers to “Gracie,” “muppet,” “frog” (teenager), and “dawg.” Nobody that has a pet can do so without our furry friends having us wrapped around their little paws, our hearts in their pocket, and causing us to act like complete idiots talking baby talk to them. Our pets deserve the same care we have for our less-furry offspring, and essential oils fit the bill in a healthy way.
Essential Oils Pet Care
Veterinarian Dr. Mary Hess of Madison, Wisconsin, recommends that every pet owner carry an essential oil care kit for pets. Based on her experience as a veterinarian, Dr. Hess suggests these Young Living essential oil blends to keep pets feeling their best.
- Peace & Calming : Ideal for stress, fear, anxiety, and similar behavior, Peace & Calming blend can help calm your pet. If the pet is injured, Peace & Calming blend can relax the animal enough to administer other treatments. It can also be used on cats that are resistant to other forms of treatment or that excessively groom themselves.
- Purification® essential oil blend: Useful for external parasites, such as fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes.
- Thieves® essential oil blend: Perfect for minor abrasions, Thieves blend can also be used for dental concerns. It is safe for kittens and puppies.
- Melrose™ essential oil blend: Used in conjunction with R.C. and Raven blends, Melrose blend provides respiratory support and can also be used on minor abrasions if Thieves blend can’t be tolerated.
- R.C.™ essential oil blend: Ideal for respiratory and urinary tract support, R.C blend is practical for cats (It can be paired with Raven blend for added support.)
- Raven™ essential oil blend: Used for respiratory support, Raven blend is more powerful than R.C. blend and features essentials oils not found in the latter. Combined, the two oils are highly effective.
- Di-Gize™ essential oil blend: Supports normal healthy stomach. Nutmeg and ginger can be added for additional support.
- PanAway® essential oil blend: Valuable for relieving discomfort and relaxing the muscles, ligaments, and tendons. This oil blend can be used alone or in addition to other essential oils. Using a moist towel over the area increases the effectiveness of the oils.
- Relieve It™ essential oil blend: Especially beneficial, Relieve It blend can be alternated with PanAway blend.